Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wachella Falls & Bonneville Dam

Wachella Falls
Today was a very fun day! We decided that we needed a well deserved break from our normal daily routine and yard work so we went hiking!! We went to Wachella Falls in the Columbia River Gorge with our friends, Aaron & Hoku Brewer. We had lots of fun and Megan did great. She walked the entire way (2 miles) all by herself. She's turning out to be a great little hiker! Daniel on the other hand got a little bored in the backpack and quickly fell asleep for the most of the hike. After seeing the falls we had some lunch and headed over to the Bonneville Dam & fish hatchery to show Megan all of the trout, salmon, sturgeon, and chad. She thought it was pretty cool!
- - - - - - -
Daddy and Daniel hiking away!
We put Megan into the opening of a cave and she was rather scared of the "monsters" inside. Thanks Aaron...
A view of the beautiful lush waterside.
Megan hanging out with the Lampreys. Since we didn't see many fish climbing the ladders from the downstairs viewing windows, the Lampreys provided much excitement for Megan.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SISTA! I'm laughing my head off! Megan is hilarious! That pic of her in the cave is to DIE for! Less than 2 months till i get to see you guys! Can't wait 1 more minute. Love ya.

-sista

sportyrls said...

Katie,
What a fun day and a great hike! The waterfall is beautiful! I'm glad to hear that little Megan is becoming quite the hiker... Did I tell you that Drew wants to try Abbie backpacking?!!

The Brewers said...

That was a perfect little scared face on Megan. I'll have to let Aaron know... I am sure he would love to say sorry, so I'll say it for him... SORRY! (But it did make a great pic) :)

The Funky Bunch said...

Love the pics. That one of Megan is so funny. Looks like you guys had a great time!