Thursday, January 15, 2009

Danish Kringle

This pretzel shaped pastry is a traditional Danish favorite. Flaky layers of pastry are filled with almond paste and raisins, shaped into a pretzel and just before it is baked it is topped with sugar and sliced almonds. We like the traditional Danish Kringle, but you can get them filled with things like apricots, raspberries, and apples.
Steen and I just ate a few slices of one that Steen's Mom gave to us today and let me tell you - it's delicious. If you want to order one for yourself this great Danish bakery in Seattle called Larsens has them. You can mail order from them or if you're in the Seattle area just drop in and pick one up. Steen and I try to stop in to Larsens whenever we visit Seattle! I just wanted to share cause most of you have probably never heard of a Kringle - this treat is definitely worth trying!

2 comments:

Esther Ogden said...

Yummy...that sounds really good! =)

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the baby girl!!! Send one my way would you?