Monday, August 25, 2008

Saturday Beach Trip

On Saturday we went to the beach with Steen's family. The weather was just about perfect and it was so fun to go with all the family. We had a blast playing in the waves, building a huge sand castle and just hanging out together. Daniel was in heaven being able to play in the sand and get as dirty as he wanted and Megan had fun running around in the waves and in the sand.
- - - - - -
Cape Disappointment Lighthouse
Daniel looking pretty dirty. Look at those legs! At one point we caught him eating sand...and I think he kind of liked it!
Steen, Dana, and Elina out swimming in the ocean.
This was our huge sand fortress. This was after it started getting demolished by the children and the waves, but it was huge, fun, and tiring to build. (I wouldn't know - I was busy reading in the sun!)
Megan had so much fun running around and being with her Aunts and Uncles!This was Daniel's throne that Anton built for him in the middle of the sandcastle. He sat there for a good hour straight as everyone built the castle around him.
North Head Lighthouse

7 comments:

sportyrls said...

How fun! We still need to get our kids to the beach- Abbie keeps trying to build 'sandcastles' at the lake, but somehow the pea gravel doesn't work the same : ).

Were you reading your Twilight books? How fun to just relax and read on the beach : ).

The Original TomKat said...

You guys had perfect weather! Yay! That lighthouse picture is beautiful!

The Funky Bunch said...

Looks gorgeous! Brooklyn was in our sandbox yesterday and was eating some sand and we think she liked it too!! Weird!

missy said...

Okay a little jealous, but I'm glad you guys had perfect weather at the beach! And you're right, that sandcastle was HUGE! How fun... and Daniel stayed in one place for one hour! Amazing!

Belleme said...

Listen to you Katie... "reading in the sun." I'm SO proud of you! And I bet I know what you were reading... I'm on page 150 in 2 days... :)

The Brewers said...

I can't believe how much sand was around daniel's mouth! Too funny... I'm glad you guys had nice weather too! There aren't too many days like that at the beach are there?

Autumn said...

What a blast!! Oh your kids are so darling!!! I love their beach shirts!!