At 5:30 am on Saturday morning Steen and my brother Tommy headed up to Mt. St. Helens to go on a hike at Johnston Ridge. As you can see in the background of the pic below it was pretty foggy so the boys didn't get to see much of the mountain or crator. They still had fun and took some nice pics. They also picked a large ziplock bag full of huckleberries! We enjoyed the harvest by making huckleberry pancakes for dinner and then I made a syrup that we put over ice cream that night. Boy do we love our northwest huckleberries!
On Saturday afternoon we headed over to Steen's Mom's house to water the yard and harvest some veggies from her garden. They are in Utah so we are taking care of the yard while they are gone. Her yard is bursting with color so I had to take a few pics of the kids in front of the lovely flowers.
Megan and Daniel had a lot of fun playing in Far Mor's jungle!
Then we kicked the soccer ball around her yard and got all our wiggles out!
When we got home Steen cooked up 8 ears of corn. I think he ate 6.5 of them. He loves fresh corn on the cob! And I love the bouquet of flowers that I picked. Aren't they beautiful.
And here's our Sunday shot of Megan's corn she planted last week in Sunbeams. It's grown about an inch this week and boy is she proud of that! She insisted that I put this pic on our blog!
1 comment:
aww! all of the pictures are so cute! you guys look like you are having so much fun! I can't wait to see you and the kiddies. they are so stinking cute.
Post a Comment