Friday, April 30, 2010

1st Trip to the ER

Pre-bead removal Yesterday morning while I was giving Natalie a bath, Megan and Daniel were playing happily in the playroom. All of sudden Megan called to me and told me to look in her ear cause she had made it pretty. I looked inside and saw a beautiful shiny pink bead in her ear. I ran down stairs and grabbed some tweezers and proceeded to attempt to get the bead out. No luck, I only made it worse. Meanwhile I had Daniel watching Natalie in the tub. I soon heard Daniel hollering that Natalie had pooped in the tub. Oh great! I left Megan to clean Natalie up. This was just the start of my very eventful day. After a two calls to some local ear, nose, and throat doctors I was told that Megan needed to go to the ER. I packed some lunches, grabbed some books and toys and took the three kiddos to the ER. 5 hours later and after a few attempts by the doctor the bead was removed from Megan's ear and we were on our way home. Needless to say, I had a very unexpected eventful day! Megan is doing great and has learned her lesson about putting things in her ears!

2 comments:

A&K said...

Oh my goodness! Just some fun things to look forward too, right? You are supermom! :)

jensenfam4 said...

Glad that she's okay. That sounds like an eventful day indeed!!