This last week Steen and I celebrated our 7th anniversary. We went on a little weekend get-away and had tons of fun! Early Friday afternoon we dropped the kids off at my parent's house and headed for the Columbia River Gorge. We stayed at the Bonneville Hot Spring Resort & Spa. Any of you in our neck of the woods need to go there! Our room had a private balcony with a mineral spring water filled hot tub! It was awesome! We spent the weekend relaxing, hiking to nearby waterfalls, sleeping in, mini golfing, going the movies, and eating out. Steen and I decided that we need to do this more often! Anyways, we had a great weekend and we can hardly believe that it's already been 7 years together!
- - - - - -
A view of the gorge from Cape Horn lookout. For those of you who don't know this, Washington is on the left and Oregon is on the right!
(By the way, I won that round!)
This is Panther Creek Falls. I wish we would have taken a few more pics of this falls. It was breathtaking! We went there when the sun was setting and the lighting was not good for pics.
On Saturday we went on a 3 mile hike up near Hamilton Mountain which is behind Beacon Rock. This is me showing off my rock climbing skills at Little Beacon Rock.
Steen and I had a wonderful weekend together and I am looking forward to many more anniversary get-away trips together with my sweetheart!
10 comments:
How fun Katie! Little getaways are the best- I'm so glad that you got to have some time for just the two of you and it sounds like you did a lot of things that you both love! Congrats on 7 years!
That's awesome. Happy Anniversary! Man, time goes by fast Momma J!! I can't believe it. Looks like you had a great time at a beautiful spot!!
Happy Anniversary! Mike and I are celebrating 7 years today. Time flies. We're having a delayed get-away this year... So nice and totally needed. Congratulations!
Looks like tons of fun! I'm so glad you had nice weather! By the way... I love your new blog heading! It is so cute!
Congrats on 7 years! WOW. And what a fun looking place. We need a getaway in a BAD way! We still haven't celebrated our 10 year from last year and our 11 year is a few weeks away. Our life has been nuts!
Congratulations on 7 years!!
That's my old stompin' grounds!!! It is a wonderful area. We are going camping up at Panther Creek at the end of July, beautiful place. A few years back I think in 1999, Bonneville Hot Springs had a gas line blow very close to it. There was a lot of damage to it and everything around it. You could see the orange glow from my house which was about 15 miles away. They were still building the hot springs at that point so no body was hurt thankfully.
Ahhh-pretty waterfalls. Happy anniversary! Love getaways!!
Congratulations to both of you!!
-BreAnn
Happy 7 yrs! We're coming up on our 7 yrs too and that sounds like the perfect getaway. I'll have to ask you more about that later. It looks beautiful and it looks like you had a blast.
Looks like you had a great time! Congratulations Jensens! See you soon!
Janet
Post a Comment