Saturday, June 7, 2008

Our Back Yard & Garden

Ok, so many of you have asked to see what our back yard and garden area looks like now that we are almost done with it...well here you go! We still have a few more things to do - plant annuals throughout the beds, lay bark, and finish a compost area, but for the most part we have the yard where we want it to be. It's taken a year, but it's been fun and rewarding to see how you can turn nothing but dirt into this!
- - - - - - -
From our patio looking to the right.
Lots of flowers will start blooming in the next few weeks. The bed will be bursting with a rainbow of colors!
From my kitchen window looking to the left. Steen planted a row of sunflowers behind the blueberries and raspberries. Annuals will be going in front. And as you can see no fence yet. We don't have an extra $3,000+ laying around for that project at the moment!
A view of the entire yard from the upper corner of our property. Our three garden boxes are doing well. The pots next to the boxes have a variety of things growing in them as well. We will be enjoying our first salad made up of baby greens and spinach tomorrow!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great Katie! You guys are really good at that!
Janet

The Funky Bunch said...

Wow Katie. That looks awesome. I wish I had near the green thumb that you do! I'm jealous!

sportyrls said...

Way to go Katie (and Steen)! The yard is looking so great; I especially love the first picture- so lush! We'll hopefully be posting some backyard pictures here soon as well... wouldn't it be nice though if the weather were nicer?!! : )

Anonymous said...

How beautiful...you did a wonderful job and I love the layout.

The Brewers said...

Lookin good! It's so nice to walk on the path and get a break from all of the "eye-sores" :)

Jensen: Dana and Ruth said...

It looks so great, you guys! We look forward to seeing you all when we come to visit.

Esther Ogden said...

Wow, that looks great, Katie! What can't you do? You sure are a talented lady! =)

Amye Kay said...

Your yard looks amazing. I know how much work it was, and I am not looking forward to doing it again on our acre! Good work, you guys have a green thumb forsure!